Below you will find information that is useful for students who are currently enrolled at Dayton Business Technology High School (DBTHS). All of this information can be found in the Student Handbook .
- School Schedule
- School Calendar
- Tardy Procedures
- School Cancellations
School Hours – Staff and Students
|Teacher Day Begins||7:30 a.m.|
|Teacher Day Ends||3:30 p.m.|
|Breakfast is served at||8:00 a.m.|
|Student Day Begins||8:27 a.m.|
|Student Day Ends||2:57 p.m.|
Uniform: Students must be in FULL uniform every day.
- A solid, size appropriate, GREY, PURPLE, or BLACK POLO SHIRT
- (2 to 3 buttons at the top with a collar)
- Shirts are not to be oversized or too small
- Solid, size appropriate, black or khaki pants, skirts and short knee length ONLY
- No Leggings or Jeggings
- No Sagging
- A belt must be worn at all times
Students are responsible for providing their own transportation to school each day. For RTA information visit www.i-riderta.org.
DBTHS participates in a breakfast program available to every student. For those students who are eligible, they pay either a reduced price or receive the meals free. For others, money is collected daily. Free/reduced meal applications and guidelines are available in the school office. Applications must be filed each year.
School Lunch Program
DBTHS is a closed campus. You are required to remain on campus during the entire school day; including lunch. Parents, friends, or the like, should not deliver lunches to students during any period. Students may bring lunch from home for consumption during lunch period, but may not bring or have delivered fast food items.
- Keep all food and beverages in the cafeteria.
- Pay for all items from the lunch line.
- Wait at the end of the line without cutting.
- Throw away all trash in the area, including any items left on tables, chairs or the floor
- The principal will advise staff and students of any exceptions to these policies.
- Parents of students who have special food-related problems may bring a lunch.
- The CORE VALUES must be followed in the cafeteria at all times.
The first bell rings at 8:27 am. A student is late at 8:30 am. Students arriving after 9:00 am will not be admitted in the building. Late reports must be made to 937-225-3989 ext 200 by 8:15 am. Excused tardiness includes but is not limited to doctor appointments, court appointments and funerals.
Due to inclement weather and other emergencies, information will be released to local radio & TV stations as well as notification by school messenger. Dayton Business Technology High School is not always on the same schedule as Dayton Public Schools. Students should look for DBTHS when determining school closings and early dismissals.
- PARTICIPATION IN GRADUATION ACTIVITIES IS A PRIVILEGE.
- TO RECEIVE A DIPLOMA ALL STUDENTS MUST:
- pass all five sections of the Ohio Graduation Test.
- earn at least 20 credits in specified content areas (below).
In order to graduate from DBTHS, students must fulfill ALL credit and course requirements and pass all portions of the Ohio Graduation Test.
The current credit requirement is 20 credits as follows:
- English 9, 10, 11, and 12
- 3 credits of Social Studies (which includes American History and Government)
- ½ credit of Physical Education
- ½ credit of Health
- 3 credits of Science
- 3 credits of Math
- 6 elective credits
- A cumulative total of 20 credits
If the administration staff cannot officially verify passing any section of the Ohio Graduation Test, the State of Ohio considers the student as needing to pass all sections of the tests.
Early graduation candidates should discuss criteria with the appropriate counselor by the sophomore year.
Participation In Graduation Ceremony
To be eligible to participate in graduation exercises you must:
- Complete your credit requirements and pass all required portions of the Ohio Graduation Test by graduation date.
- Have all school fees paid in full before caps and gowns can be picked up (the date will be set yearly based on the graduation date – some additional fees may be added later if books and other materials are not returned).
- Attend the REQUIRED graduation practices and the graduation line-up.
- Comply with the dress code for the graduation ceremonies:
Failure to fulfill all of the above requirements will result in your elimination from graduation ceremonies.
Any misbehavior during the last few days of the school year, or during graduation practice, may result in a loss of privileges to participate in graduation practices and the graduation ceremony.
Any misbehavior at commencement will result in the withholding of your diploma and transcripts and may result in your removal from the ceremony. The diploma and transcripts will be held at the discretion school principal.
- Driving to school is a privilege.
- All students are required by law to produce a valid driver’s license and proof of insurance. This is placed on file in the main office before student is issued a parking pass.
- Students should park in the student lot only.
- Cars illegally parked, will be towed at the owner’s expense. You may not loiter in cars, or in the parking lot, before, during or after school.
- You are expected to drive safely and courteously.
- You may not visit the parking lot during the day without written permission from an administrator.
- Failure to comply with parking regulations will result in disciplinary consequences, which may include loss of your parking privilege and/or suspension, and may result in ticketing or towing.