If your student is close to graduation please make sure that DBTHS has your Official Transcripts. If you owe money to any of your previous schools we cannot graduate you.
Tardy Policy Update/Reminder
Student Tardy Policy
● They will not be granted access into the building after 9:00 a.m. unless they have a doctor’s note on physician’s letterhead or a court appointment on official letterhead. Students who arrive past 9:00 a.m. without a physician’s note or court note will be sent home.
Each tardy is entered into our attendance records. For every 3 tardies you receive it will be calculated as one absence and thus be subject to the Ohio revised Code for attendance procedures. For every 5 unexcused tardies students will be subject to a write up that can lead to further consequences.
BEING LATE TO CLASS DISRUPTS THE EDUCATIONAL PROCESS and will not be tolerated. Students are given adequate time (3-minutes) to move in between classes. Excessive daily tardiness in multiple classes can result in disciplinary action. Students who habitually violate this policy may be assigned any/all of the following reprimands at the discretion of the teacher:
● Detention with the teacher after school/or before school
● Maintenance Duty ex. Lunch, Recycling, School Beautification
● Loss of points for missed assignments as a result of tardiness
● Write-up form being submitted to administration
A teacher will refer a student to the principal if the student is not in class and has not been reported as absent. Any student who cuts class will receive a disciplinary consequence.
No student may leave school prior to dismissal time without a parent/guardian completing one of the following:
● submitting a signed written request
● submitting a verifiable verbal request
● physically coming into the school to sign out student.
No student will be released to a person other than a custodial parent/guardian without written permission note signed by the custodial parent(s) or guardian. We will deny requests that we cannot verify. Students who are 18 and over may not sign themselves out of school if they are not an independent student (verification required).